Have you reset your DStv decoder to factory settings? Here is a complete guide to give you full details of what happens when you reset your DStv decoder. We shall also show you what to do to reactivate your receiver has been restored to factory settings.
Usually, sometimes your DStv keeps giving you challenges, and it may not function properly.
When that occurs, one of the best ways to resolve your receiver problems is to restore it to factory settings.
However, you must understand the consequences of resting your DStv receiver before you can proceed.
It requires some technical process to restore the decoder to its normalcy when you factory reset it.
You do not have to worry.
That is why we are here, and we are going to tell you what you can do when your Multichoice decoder is reset to the factory setting.
Before we can proceed, let’s find out what it means to reset your receiver.
Recommended guide: GOtv SuperSport Select 1 Channel Schedule For Today.
What Is The Meaning Of Resetting Your DStv Decoder
Resetting a DStv is the process of restoring your decoder to factory settings.
That means when you reset your decoder, you remove every data and setting on your digi-box to the state in which it was when you bought it.
Now let us see what happens after restoring your decoder to factory settings.
See also: DStv Now Account Login Guide.
What Happens When You Reset Your DStv Decoder
Here are what happens when you reset your DStv decoder:
1. You will lose all your channels on your receiver.
2. Any settings you did on your receiver will be wiped.
3. Also, you will not be able to watch any channel after you have reset your decoder until you rescan it.
4. Your decoder will boot and be stacked on the installation wizard until you set it up.
5. Your decoder will be restored to factory mode.
6. When you reset your DStv Explora, you can lose some of your recordings on the hard drive, and also all schedules recording settings will be removed.
Related article: How To Check Your Multichoice Smart Card Number.
What To Do After You Have Reset Your DStv Decoder
If you have reset your DStv Digi-box, it will remove all your channels and settings on the decoder, and when that happens, you must rescan your receiver.
Also, you must make sure the problems that led to resetting your decoder are properly fixed.
Seek the help of an accredited Multichoice installer or dealer.
Another guide: What To Do When Only Channel 100 Shows.
How Can I Rescan My DStv Channels After Resetting
It is necessary to ask the help of an accredited installer for this process.
- Channels On Showmax 2022, Full List Of TV Channels On Showmax
- How To Activate Showmax Account 2022, Start Watching Showmax
- BBNaija On Showmax 2022, Watch Big Brother Nigeria On Showmax
- Add Showmax To DStv Premium 2022, Follow These Simple Steps
- 402 Error On Showmax 2022, Clear & Fix 402 Error Code On Showmax
- Can I Buy A Showmax Voucher Online 2022, Yes, Follow These Steps
- Can I Download Showmax Movies On My Laptop 2022, Read To Find Out
- Can I Download Showmax On My Laptop 2022, Follow These Steps
- Can I Get Showmax On DStv Access 2022, Find Out Here
- Can I Watch Showmax For Free 2022, Yes, Find Out How
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only and DOES NOT represent advice from DStv/Multichoice, SuperSport, GOtv or any other company mentioned in any of the articles. You need to make your independent inquiry before implementing any of the suggested guides on this website. Aconoba.com will not be held liable for anything whatsoever. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained for any purpose. Please visit dstv.com, gotvafrica.com, multichoice.com, or supersport.com for official information.
Also, do not share your personal information with anyone. Thanks.