Is there a break in your Gotv antenna cable? Maybe your Gotv antenna is not long enough? You don’t need to worry. You can fix that by joining it. So in this guide, we will give you precise steps on how to join a Gotv decoder.
Sometimes during installation, you realize that your Gotv antenna cable is not long enough for your roof to the living room.
Also, in some cases, the cable will have breaks, resulting in a decrease in signal strength.
In any case, the best solution is to change the cable or cut it to join it to another cable to extend the bit.
However, Gotv antenna cables are usually coaxial type, making it easy to join it to another coaxial cable.
So, if you have any of these problems and require that you join the cable, read below to find out.
Requirements For Joining Your GO TV Cable
Below are the things you need to join Gotv Cable:
1. Gotv antenna cable
2. Normal sharpened knife(Kitchen type)
3. Black-type rubber tape.
4. External coaxial cable.
Those are the thing you need to join Gotv cable.
Steps To Join Gotv Cable
To successfully join a Gotv cable together, follow these steps:
1. Measure about 2centimetres at both ends of the cables you want to join.
2. Gently cut the first layer(rubber) of the cable.
3. Next, separate the aluminum foil inside the cable from the tiny aluminum strings.
4. Put the tiny strings and coil them together into one piece.
5. Kindly put the aluminum foil in the cable and the tiny strings each at separate ends of the cable in such a way that they don’t touch each other.
6. Do the same at the other end of the cable.
7. Next, cut about 1centimeter of the white rubber within which the copper wire is inserted and remove it, but ensure not to chat the copper wire inside.
8. Exactly do the same at the other end of the cable.
9. Now, join the copper wires at both ends together and coil it to or piece.
10. Next, join the aluminum foil from one end and join it to the other end.
11. Same way join the tiny strings and ensure it does not touch with the aluminum foil.
12. Kindly use the tape to tape it all around me so that water can not penetrate.
That is how to join a Gotv cable.
Can I Join A Gotv Antenna Cable
Yes, you can fix your Gotv antenna cable to any durable coaxial cable whenever there is a break in your cable.
That is all we have for you in this guide and we shall do our best to update this post with more relevant information.
Therefore do not hesitate to come back and read more.
Last Updated on January 29, 2022 by Admin
Keep checking back for more helpful content in February 2023.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only and DOES NOT represent advice from DStv/Multichoice, SuperSport, GOtv or any other company mentioned in any of the articles.